We offer certification for public officials and organization and to private stakeholders in the travel and tourism industry:
- public leaders & staff
- public officials
- police and security leaders & staff
- private industry leaders & staff
- organizations, entities, regions
This program allows us to assess a tourism locale, analyze its strengths and weaknesses and then demonstrate to others that your community has been certified as safe, secure and caring.
The program consists of:
- A self-administered questionnaire regarding your location’s security.
- Multi-day assessment study by outside experts of the locale with a written report and listing of strengths and weaknesses.
- A return visit for the assessment team to present findings to local authorities.
- Follow-up visit (one year later) to assess implementation of the assessment team’s recommendations.
Reasons for certification:
- In a world that is often violent, our certification programs can help you to increase credibility and revenues.
- Although no one can guarantee 100% safety and security, our certification program creates trained personnel.
- Community certification programs allow a tourism-oriented community to assess its strengths and weaknesses and then to demonstrate to the world that it has addressed those weaknesses.
- We assist you with global PR outreach through our media partners and unique visibility network.
- We partner with other trusted certification programs, including “green”, efficiency, etc.
We offer destination certification in the following areas:
- Hotel safety
- Certifying study-abroad programs
- Amusement parks
- Recreational centers
- Tourism districts
- Tourism communities
- Level 1 consists of a self -administered survey plus recommendations
- Level 2: consists of a self-administered survey, site visit and recommendations
- Level 3: consists of a self-administered survey, site visit, assessment study and recommendations, and return visit so as to better deal with travel advisories
Certifications allow your tourism product to:
- Show to the public that you care.
- Demonstrate to insurance companies and tour operators that you have gone the extra mile.
- Interact with foreign governments in case of a travel advisory or should a travel warning occur.
- Level three certification allows a foreign government to have a current and complete real picture of the state of your security and how your locale is protecting foreign visitors.
- Better promote your location to both domestic and international visitors.